At AMGA we’re paving the way for medical groups and integrated systems of care to deliver the next level of high-performance health. We have an opening for a Communications Coordinator, reporting to the Chief Marketing and Communications Officer.
The primary responsibility of the Communications Coordinator is to amplify AMGA’s public policy positions, programs, surveys and conferences via public relations and social media. The ideal candidate will be a smart self-starter with superior communications abilities, both written and verbal; strong organizational skills; and knowledge or interest in health care.
The Communications Coordinator’s responsibilities include:
- Write and distribute press releases, statements, and other communications materials under tight deadlines
- Manage press lists, media tracking and reporting
- Build relationships with media and member PR contacts
- Serve as primary liaison to other AMGA departments for press release writing and PR/social media outreach needs
- Develop, curate, and monitor AMGA’s social media platforms, maintaining consistency in voice and content
- Create graphics for social media posts
- Live Tweet AMGA events and activities, including AMGA Annual Conference
- Develop social media toolkit for members and exhibitors attending AMGA conferences
- Track and report meaningful social media metrics. Develop tactics to increase engagement
- Develop and execute communications plans for non-revenue generating programs
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with minimum 2 years’ relevant experience
- Public Relations/Communications, English, or Marketing major is a plus
- Experience working with media monitoring services and reporter database search services (e.g., Meltwater)
- Experience working with social media content and analytics (e.g., via Hootsuite, Google Analytics)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Photoshop)
- Ability to multi-task and work in a deadline-driven environment
- Detail oriented
Position Type [FT/PT/temporary, etc.]: FT
Location: Alexandria, VA with telework option
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, writing sample and resume to email@example.com.
For information on AMGA visit our website at www.amga.org.
American Medical Group Association (AMGA) is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, genetic information, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org