March of Dimes
March of Dimes leads the fight for the health of all moms and babies. We’re advocating for policies to protect them. We’re working to radically improve the health care they receive. We’re pioneering research to find solutions. We’re empowering families with programs, knowledge and tools to have healthier pregnancies. By uniting communities, we’re building a brighter future for us all.
We are dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce that fosters opportunities for personal and professional development. We provide a collaborative and supportive environment built upon our fundamental core principles where each employee is valued. Join us in the fight for healthy moms and strong babies.
The Associate Director, Communication will be responsible for creating, driving and managing March of Dimes thought leadership portfolio by elevating the organization’s unique points of view on maternal and infant health topics. This position is responsible for creating annual thought leadership plans for March of Dimes that leverages the President and CEO, along with supporting visibility for the Interim Chief Medical and Health Officer and Chief Scientific Officer. Communications plans will include a thought leadership platform strategy, message narrative and proposed tactical execution of the strategy. The Associate Director will craft compelling, executive-level content for internal and external audiences, and act as a primary liaison to functional executive spokespeople, executive leadership team, key stakeholders and the broader communications community.
Strategic Planning & Executive Team Liaison: Develop and execute external communications plan that elevates March of Dimes perspective on issues related to maternal and infant health topics among key target audiences.
- Engage specified executive leadership to develop a thought leadership platform strategy, message narrative to be updated annually, external visibility plan and tactical execution of the strategy that include speaking opportunities, media targets, social media content plans, etc.
- Analyzing communication effectiveness and provide program results.
Implementation of Communications Plans: Create effective messages for various external programs that target relevant audience and propose channel mix based on thought leadership platform and organizational goals.
- Provide communication support to senior level officials by drafting speeches, scripts, documents, etc.
- Preparing various presentations that compel messages about the organization results, products, career opportunities, etc.
- Create newsworthy media angles and pitches for executive communications and counsel executives on priority media opportunities.
- Draft proposed content for social media and other relevant channels, work with marketing department team experts to refine content as needed.
- Communicate with press, analyst, and bloggers and educate them about various company policies, stats and profits or losses made by the organization.
- Driving messages from corporate platform into communication plans and strategies when relevant • Attend events and speaking engagements with executives as needed.
Health Moms, Strong Babies: Develop the strategic plan and KPIs for the “Healthy Moms, Strong Babies” monthly webinar and oversee all aspects of the production process, including managing agency partner.
Media Partnerships & Crisis Communications: Support market staff with media partnership opportunities, including outreach and cultivation. Assists with issue and crisis communications management.
- 8-10 years experience.
- Four year college degree or equivalent experience.
- March of Dimes provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.