Practice Area Leader
Job ID: PAL-MK-3668-22
# Positions: 2
Pos. Category:Current Opening
Palladian Partners, an Altarum company, is looking for a Practice Area Leader to support high profile federal clients with strategic science and health communications planning and public health communication projects. This position will report to Palladian’s Director of Strategic Communications. Palladian Partners, Inc. is a dynamic science and health communications firm located in Silver Spring, Maryland. Our ongoing commitment to provide exceptional strategic communications, editorial support, distinctive design, and superior service to our clients is as unwavering as our desire to enrich people’s lives with quality health information.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with at least 10 years of communications work experience and 5 years of experience leading small project teams supporting health communications projects. This person will be responsible for working directly with clients, planning communications projects and initiatives, and overseeing integrated project teams with federal and non-government partners. The candidate should have a solid understanding of strategic communications, including digital communications on health and science topics. To be successful in the role, the candidate must have robust attention to detail and an ability to maintain a positive relationship with demanding clients.
• Oversee a portfolio of multiple clients, including client relationship management, team management and financial management
• Define communications strategy and provide counsel to teams and clients, including troubleshooting and problem solving; generate new ideas and opportunities for clients
• Lead large, cross functional, integrated teams to execute communications strategy on behalf of clients; review the work of team members to ensure the highest standards of quality
• Directly supervise 4-5 project directors and/or project managers, and oversee a group of 8-12 individuals (including those reporting into project directors/managers in your group)
• Coordinate with the Director of Strategic Communications on staffing, financial projections, stewarding both client and company resources
• Regularly report out on client and team health to Palladian’s Vice President, Strategy and the senior leadership team
• Contribute to the development of new business proposals and pricing
• A minimum of 10-15 years work experience
• At least 5 years of project management and planning experience including proposing and implementing research-based strategy and a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
• Experience coaching and growing staff, including as direct reports
• Experience working with the government either as a consultant or in-house
• Understands the many facets of the healthcare environment
• Ability to solve problems quickly and creatively
• Proven ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Collaborative team player who works well as a manager and member of a matrix environment
• Flexible-willing to do the nitty-gritty work required to make a project successful
• Positive-ability to collaborate with and promote a positive relationship between colleagues, partners, and clients
• At this time we will only accept candidates who are presently eligible to work in the United States and will not require sponsorship
Palladian employees are highly talented and are encouraged to think and work creatively and strive for excellence. This is a full-time, staff position located at Palladian’s corporate headquarters in Silver Spring, Maryland, with the option for telework. Palladian offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, and the satisfaction that comes from working on interesting, meaningful projects every day. Palladian’s dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Palladian Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net.