Website Partnership for Public Service
Better government. Stronger democracy.
The Partnership for Public Service is seeking a dynamic and creative Digital Associate to provide marketing and social media support for the organization and its programming. This entry-level position will execute the organization’s strategic communications plan and focus on expanding our national visibility through marketing and social media. Responsibilities include drafting marketing emails and social media content; assist in managing the Partnership’s weekly newsletter and blog; growing the Partnership’s audience and improving audience engagement; and collecting and analyzing analytics.
The Digital Associate will work as part of an interdisciplinary communications team of marketing, graphic design, social media, editorial, media, and events staff, and as a result should be able to collaborate with others and contribute ideas. This person will also work closely with other Partnership teams and must be able to manage relationships and lead assigned projects from start to finish.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
Email marketing and blog (70%)
- Draft engaging marketing emails that support the Partnership’s leadership development programs, research reports and other major initiatives.
- Work with the events team to craft and send event-related marketing emails.
- Curate content for and publish the Partnership’s weekly email newsletter.
- In coordination with the marketing associate manager, manage the Partnership’s blog publish blogs using SEO best practices.
- Assist in other tactics to grow the Partnership audience and improve engagement through A/B testing, landing page creation, workflows and conversion funnels.
- In coordination with the Marketing Associate Manager support collection of analytics, Google Ads creation, and other duties as necessary.
Social media (30%)
- Draft dynamic written, graphic and video content for LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
- Assist in monitoring our communities and managing replies and comments.
- Attend events and collect content for social media including quotes, photos and videos.
- Support the social media manager in developing large social media campaigns.
- Use Canva templates to produce social media-friendly graphics and gifs.
- Assist in monitoring social media metrics and preparing campaign reports.
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to translate complex concepts into easy-to-understand, compelling messages.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to juggle multiple projects, work efficiently and meet deadlines.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and to organize multiple and varied projects simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a proven track record collaborating on projects in a team environment.
- Very strong eye for detail and concern for quality.
- Flexibility, a can-do attitude and willingness to pitch in
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Passion for the mission of the Partnership for Public Service and our nonpartisan values.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, communications or similar field or equivalent professional work or military experience.
- One to two years of experience, which may include internships, co-curricular activities and/or relevant coursework.
Preferred experience with graphic design tools (Photoshop, Canva) and video editing tools.
- Strong understanding of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube and how organizations use them to communicate and engage their audiences.
- Familiarity with HubSpot and Asana a plus.
- Familiarity with AP style preferred.
This position reports to the Senior Communications Manager. This position may supervise an intern.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.