Website United Nations Foundation - Girl Up
Girl Up envisions a more equitable and just world for girls and women, which benefits all people. We are a girl-centered leadership development initiative, focusing on equity for girls and women in spaces where they are unheard or underrepresented. We operate a global network of regional affiliates impacting 150,000 girls in 150 countries and all 50 U.S. states, developing transformative leaders who advance gender justice worldwide. The core values on which Girl Up exists guide our team and our work. Girl Up is a Youth-Centered leadership development initiative working to achieve gender equity worldwide. We commit to supporting our young leaders in their Passionate Action for social change and seek feedback from our Global Community to ensure Accountability in maintaining our values. Learn more about our work and our values at GirlUp.org.
The Senior Associate, Communications and Digital Media, Girl Up will support the management of all of Girl Up’s social media channels, planning and implementing a comprehensive digital communications strategy. They will be responsible for supporting the management of this strategy across platforms, driving email marketing, and leading on website updates. The ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills, willingness to collaborate with their peers, and a commitment to Girl Up’s mission and Core Values.
The Senior Associate, Communications and Digital Media reports to the Deputy Director, Communications & Digital Media and works closely with the communications team, across Girl Up departments, specifically development and programs, and with the UN Foundation’s Public Affairs team.
This role is based with preference to Washing D.C. (Hybrid schedule).
- Contribute to and support the management of Girl Up’s digital media strategy across platforms
- Coordinate with multiple team members to maintain Girl Up’s digital editorial calendar
- Assist in maintaining and implementing the strategic communications plan, brand guidelines and topline messaging, and proper use of assets
- Design copy for Girl Up’s social media and digital channels, website, internal and external resources with oversight.
- Ensure fulfillment of social media deliverables for Girl Up partners with oversight.
- Support the management of strategy and implementation of paid social media marketing campaigns with oversight
- Collaborate with supervisor to strategize and implement expansion and maintenance of an active and engaged email list, including drafting and coding emails and creating targeted segments.
- Lead on website content development, updates, and traffic growth
- Create monthly metrics reports by monitoring, analyzing, and reporting on web, social media, email, and media mention KPIs and oversee day-to-day social media listening for Girl Up HQ, regional, and Club accounts
- Review day-to-day social media listening for Girl Up HQ, regional, and Club accounts
- Create, organize, and maintain storytelling assets across digital platforms
- Contribute to the strengthening of Girl Up’s diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) efforts across digital channels with direction from Girl Up leadership
- Keep up to date with online communications trends and web industry standards
- Travel to attend and cover live events as needed
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required; specialty in Journalism, English, Communications, Public Relations, International Relations or related field preferred
- 3-4 years of experience in communications and digital media, in publishing or media outlet, at a PR agency, or NGO setting
- Familiarity with issues affecting women and girls globally
- Experience maintaining, administrating, and creating content for organizational social networking accounts in coordination with campaign online communications and strategy (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube etc.)
- Proficiency with email marketing platforms (e.g., Convio Luminate Online, EveryAction, Campaign Monitor, Pardot, or similar tools), CRM (Salesforce preferred), and CMS platforms (WordPress preferred)
- Experience writing emails, analyzing email campaign performance, and maintaining and growing lists
- Experience in digital crisis communications preferred
- Basic proficiency in Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work independently and within a team to identify, explore and implement creative online and social media strategies driven by data
- Strong skills working in teams and across many types of organizations: team-oriented, problem solver, relationship-builder, and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask in a very fast-paced, often rapidly changing environment
- Commitment to fostering an anti-racist and inclusive workplace
- Experience working with diverse and multi-cultural populations preferred
- Commitment to Girl Up’s mission and Core Values
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress
Benefits & Compensation
For full-time, benefit eligible employees, UNF offers an excellent range of benefits, including:
a choice between two health plans through UnitedHealthcare (PPO or HDHP with HSA)
flexible spending accounts
403b retirement savings plan with a generous matching contribution
group term and supplemental life insurance
health club discounts
employee assistance program
Additionally, all benefit eligible employees have 12 paid holidays, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 3 personal days, and 8 weeks of family leave care.
The United Nations Foundation is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative-action employer. The United Nations Foundation provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply for this job please visit unitednationsfoundation.applytojob.com.