Website Unity Health Care
Health care to 1/7 DC residents, regardless of ability to pay
INTRODUCTION OF POSITION/SUMMARY
Reporting to Vice President of Development and Marketing, the Director of Marketing will implement a comprehensive multi-year marketing strategy to advance the mission of Unity Health Care. Working closely with the Vice President of Development and Marketing and the Chief Strategy and Development Officer (CSDO), the Director of Marketing will implement digital fundraising strategies, increase SEO of Unity Health Care Centers, improve conversion on schedule an appointment and manage social media and email platforms to tell stories that raises the brand perception of Unity.
MAJOR DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- In collaboration with the CSDO and development staff, execute a digital fundraising plan that results in increased philanthropic support for Unity, both in the near term and for future support. In particular, increase engagement and financial support from existing donors while simultaneously discovering, identifying, and soliciting new donors.
- Implement a system of metrics to measure and prove the success of fundraising and marketing strategies.
- Establish effective processes for content creation, storytelling and patient education across Unity’s social media, website, and mass email platforms.
- Establish an email program to include automated responses, newsletters and audience insights.
- Develop email campaigns to support key programmatic initiatives, promote greater involvement with the organization, and drive donations including optimization and conduct A/B testing.
- Coordinate all aspects Unity’s email marketing program, including: planning email campaigns; developing email content; writing and editing copy; managing design and production; and disseminating emails.
- Write compelling content for email marketing, advertising, and social media posts.
- Responsible for identifying, tracking and reporting on key metrics across our external channels.
- Track and develop ongoing budget and performance requirements, including ROI and revenue forecasts.
- Provide periodic reports and/or make presentations on program progress.
- Perform SEO (Search Engine Optimization) throughout the Unity’s website.
- Collaborate with marketing team on development and implementation of SEM strategy.
- Report and analyze web, social media, email and advertising metrics to guide strategy and implementation of online projects
- Serve as the business owner of Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications or related field.
- A minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in marketing with a successful track record and demonstrated experience developing and implementing tactics to increase funding and awareness for mission-driven organizations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Experience and comfort working with an ethnically and culturally diverse population.
- Self-directed, action-oriented individual who can get things done.
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects, resolve problems and make data driven recommendations.
- A high level of professionalism, compassion, creativity and integrity.
- Professional and proactive work ethic.
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills with internal and external partners.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and meticulous organization.
- Experience with digital marketing forums such as social media marketing and content marketing.
- Collaborative problem-solver who can adapt as priorities shift and projects change.
- Passion working with data; a deep understanding not only of what data means, but how to use data to inform iterative changes and continuous improvements.
- Strong project management skills, specifically managing deadlines, budgets, execution and reporting
Up-to-date on web trends, technologies and best practices.
- May require travel and availability to perform job-related duties during weekend and evening hours, when necessary.
- High comfort level with Microsoft Word and Excel, DonorPerfect, Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics 365 and/or other database software, Constant Contact or similar email software, HTML, Google Analytics, Content Management Systems.
Design skill, Photoshop and video editing software tools preferred.
The Director of Marketing manager reports to the VP of Development & Marketing.
The position abides by all rules and regulations set forth by applicable licensing and regulatory bodies, as well as UHC policies and procedures.
The position requires contact with staff at all levels throughout the organization. There are also external organizational relationships that will be part of the work of this individual.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands of this position primarily require the use of hands and fingers
- Abilities such as vision, hearing, talking sitting, standing and walking around are also required.
- The work area is adequately lit, heated and ventilated.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility, requirements and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals will be expected to perform other reasonably related duties as assigned. This may include work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. The employee’s signature below indicates understanding and acceptance of this job description and terms of employment.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.