WASHINGTON, D.C.—Washington Women in Public Relations (WWPR) announces six finalists for its third annual Emerging Leaders Awards (ELA). The ELA honors rising stars, ages 23-30, in the public relations and communications field for their professional accomplishments.
The 2012 WWPR Emerging Leaders Awards finalists are:
- Liz Bryan, Account Director, Spectrum
- Olivia Doherty, Director of Communications, The Hatcher Group
- Laura Hornbuckle, Account Supervisor, Edelman Public Relations
- Jennifer Myers, Research Director, StrategyOne
- Samantha Reho, Public Affairs Strategist, Office of the Chief of Public Affairs, Department of the Army
- Jess Stone, Digital Media Specialist and Senior Associate, Gibraltar Associates
“WWPR is excited to honor these talented young women who are poised to make significant contributions in the communications field,” said Tina McCormack Beaty, WWPR president. “Covering different facets of our industry, the Emerging Leaders Award showcases the next generation of influential professionals in the D.C. public relations community.”
Three awardees from the six finalists will be awarded based on not only their contributions thus far, but for their potential to contribute to the industry in years to come, truly making them emerging leaders. The three 2012 ELA awardees will be announced at a cocktail reception on Tuesday, July 17 at 6:30 p.m. at the National Press Club’s Holeman Lounge, located at 529 14th Street NW, Washington, D.C. Event tickets may be purchased in advance or at the door. The Twitter hashtag for the event is #ELA2012.
NBC 4’s anchor Angie Goff will be the keynote speaker.
A distinguished panel of judges selected the finalists based on their record of excellence and accomplishments in their careers thus far, as well as their leadership qualities and ethical standards.
The 2012 panel of judges included:
- Patrick Brady, Senior Vice President, Stanton Communications
- Alana Hill, Media Relations Professional, IBM and President, Black Public Relations Society – Washington, D.C.
- Carrie Jones, Principal, Managing Director, JPA
- Melanie Jordan, Managing Director, PRofessional Solutions
- Kendra Kojcsich, Vice President, Porter Novelli (Past President)
- Rachel Querry, Senior Director of Communications, Humane Society of the United States
- Maria Rodriguez, President, Vanguard Communications
The 2012 ELA is made possible by the following businesses:
Boss Ladies Mean Business
Central Michigan University
National Press Club
National Restaurant Association
About Washington Women in Public Relations
Washington Women in Public Relations (WWPR) is the first and only D.C. based professional organization advancing women in the communications industry. WWPR is committed to delivering outstanding professional development, networking, marketplace positioning, and leadership opportunities to area communicators. Visit us at wwpr.org, find us on Facebook.com/WashingtonWomeninPR and follow us on Twitter @WWPR.