The Bipartisan Policy Center (BPC) is a Washington, DC-based think tank that helps policymakers work across the aisle to craft bipartisan solutions. By connecting lawmakers, delivering data and context, negotiating policy details, and creating space for bipartisan collaboration, BPC ensures democracy can function on behalf of all Americans. We believe that bipartisanship combines the best ideas of both parties to create even better, lasting policy.
We are seeking a talented and creative Media Relations Manager to join our communications team and contribute to our growth and success. You will play a crucial role in enhancing and maximizing the work of BPC’s J. Ronald Terwilliger Center for Housing Policy.
The ideal candidate looks for opportunities to improve BPC’s media relations strategy, has some familiarity with housing policy and existing relationships with housing beat reporters, and is a great writer. They will also be intellectually curious and a self-starter, with the ability to get up-to-speed on a diverse set of issues involved in BPC’s pressing policy areas. This individual may also be called upon to support our infrastructure or other team’s project work.
- Assist in management of BPC’s external media presence, generating positive media coverage for the organization, its policy projects, senior staff, and fellows
- Lead communications efforts, primarily focusing on housing policy
- Work collaboratively with project directors and teams to develop proactive communications strategies
- Drafts press releases, statements, op-eds, and other written materials
- Review, edit, and approve op-eds, blog posts, and other written materials
- Secure placement of op-eds and letters to the editor
- Work collaboratively with digital and events teams to ensure coordination of communications efforts
- Proactively pitch reporters, producers, and editors in a specialized segment of the media and/or on a specific set of topics, in addition to project-specific work
- Provide secondary support to communications leads on additional projects
- Ensure coordination and identify opportunities between different BPC projects and teams
- Support communications leadership as necessary on special projects
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 4-7 years of experience
- Demonstrated track record of sound judgment and responsibility
- Exercises independent decision-making skills
- Communicates effectively with media relations team members and communications leadership
- Creative thinker
BPC offers a highly competitive salary and provides generous benefits. Individuals interested in this position should send resume, cover letter, and writing sample in one document. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. BPC does not sponsor employment visas.
BPC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
The health and safety of our community is our highest priority. As such, the Bipartisan Policy Center is encouraging all newly hired staff members to be fully vaccinated with an FDA authorized and/or approved COVID-19 vaccine, and to receive a booster shot as soon as eligible
The work/life balance of employees is a priority for the Bipartisan Policy Center. As a result, BPC is currently operating on a hybrid schedule. Employees at BPC are currently coming into the office three times a week. Exact time and schedules will be determined between an employee and their manager.
This position is budgeted at $70,000.
To apply for this job please visit careers.bipartisanpolicy.org.