Website Campaign Legal Center Inc
CLC is seeking a Media Associate to expand its reach through media engagement and online content. We are seeking someone who has experience building relationships with the press and writing online content for external audiences.
The Media Associate will develop strategic press outreach plans and help develop content for the website and press to elevate CLC’s work in campaign finance & ethics. This position requires attention to detail, strong project management, excellent writing skills and the ability to work some nights/weekends for rapid response, when necessary. We work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment, and only encourage team players to apply.
The Media Associate role is a two-year position and will report to the Senior Manager, Campaign Finance & Ethics.
Please note, this position will work with CLC’s Campaign Finance and Ethics portfolios, not Voting & Elections or Redistricting.
- Build and maintain relationships with national, state, local, and industry-specific reporters
- Write and edit press materials including press releases, statements, e-newsletters for reporters and blog posts
- Collaborate with litigation and policy staff to produce and edit high-quality written materials such as advocacy reports, fact sheets, case pages, blogs and op-eds
- Coordinate interviews for spokespeople and prepare them by creating talking points
- Help plan and manage press conferences/calls and media events
- Create text to assist the digital team in creating content for web, email and social platforms
- Manage/assist with the development of coordinated messaging and press materials with external partners on CLC actions.
- Other communications tasks as needed
- At least 2 years of experience working in communications for a nonprofit, campaign, on the Hill, or for a public affairs firm serving nonprofits OR at least 2 years of experience working in the field of journalism.
- Experience building relationships with press
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills with knowledge of AP style
- Must be a collaborator
- Demonstrated commitment to CLC’s mission
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net.