Website missionprtnrs Mission Partners
Using the Power of Communications to Advance Social Justice
Summary: Mission Partners, a Certified B Corp and women-owned social impact and communications consultancy, seeks candidates interested in a part-time summer position to serve as a Marketing Fellow for our Mission Forward educational initiative. We are especially interested in candidates committed to racial justice, diversity, equity, and inclusion who bring interest and early experiences in business, sales, and marketing. This position is open to current college or graduate students, though it is not limited to students.
Duties and Responsibilities
This individual will support the development of a business and marketing plan for the national expansion of the Mission Forward educational platform, focusing on developing a sales strategy for the growth of the Mission Forward podcast. This research fellow will work with the Mission Forward project team to ensure project excellence.
Projects may include developing a business plan for the Mission Forward podcast, researching a sponsorship pipeline and outreach to potential sponsors, participating in sponsor meetings and supporting in delivering sponsor benefits, supporting show production and marketing—participation in budget and strategy conversations, and helping to shape the future of the Mission Forward platform.
- Work with the Mission Forward team to develop content for sales and pitch decks.
- Research and conduct outreach to potential sponsors and participate in sponsor meetings.
- Support the development of a business strategy and plan to support the growth of the podcast.
- Track content performance and social media activity by leveraging analytics and reporting tools.
- Participate in collaborative team meetings and brainstorms, gaining exposure to various marketing disciplines and business decision-making.
- Support existing projects with a wide range of tasks, interacting with staff members of all levels.
Mission Partners is a service-based business that uses communications tools, including design, to help our purpose-driven clients achieve their fullest potential. We expect all team members to take care and thought when working and interacting with clients, considering our work’s larger objectives and performance metrics and the client’s needs. The successful candidate will have the ability to maintain respect and confidentiality.
We leverage the Management Center’s project management model to ensure transparency and accountability in managing projects. As an internal working group, we will often meet once a week, at a mutually agreed upon time, to ensure that every team member clearly understands the objectives and that we collaborate to advance the client’s needs. We appreciate keeping the lines of communication between our teams open and active.
We expect team members to embrace and reflect Mission Partners’ company values. (See below.) We strive to have a positive attitude and contribute where needed to support the team and the work.
Additional expectations for this position include the following:
- Passion for creative thinking and business as a force for good.
- Intellectual and cultural curiosity and a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and empathetically.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Some experience in marketing or sales projects for impact-driven organizations.
- Ability to receive and incorporate feedback.
- Fluency with Microsoft Office 365 software. Additional software skills are welcomed.
- Strong organizational skills, familiarity with project management, and ability to manage and prioritize competing demands.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Candidate must have or be working toward a certification or degree in business, marketing, or a related field.
- Experience working in an agency, firm, or similar environment and experience working in a client services environment is preferred but not required.
- Experience with project management and sales is preferred but not required.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary negotiation is inherently inequitable. Mission Partners is committed to salary transparency and pay equity. The non-negotiable starting salary for this position is a $4,000 Summer stipend, which equates to approximately 160 hours of work over a 12-week summer schedule (an average of 13 hours per week at a rate of $25/hour).
Submit a one-page cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Application: Marketing Fellow as the subject line.
To apply for this job please visit mission.partners.