OBXtek is looking to fill a position on our Staffing and Technical Acquisition Services Support (STAQSS) prime contract for the Headquarters Air Force. The Digital Communications Manager, Senior will work for the AQH (Office of the Assistant Secretary for Acquisition, Acquisition Career Management) Directorate. AQH is the Air Force focal point for integrated management of the acquisition workforce across all functional areas. It is responsible for leading the Acquisition Professional Development Program, including implementing programs and policies, develops, reviews, and coordinating policy and strategic plans for the Air Force acquisition workforce. AQH is also responsible for: managing the acquisition training office and funding to achieve strategic objectives for the workforce; career field management for scientists, engineers and acquisition program managers; management of SAF/AQ- assigned personnel including fill actions for civilian and military positions in coordination with AFDW and AFPC; management of the Acquisition Demonstration (AcqDemo) program; and the military officer management level review (MLR) promotion processes for SAF/AQ; SAF/AQ unit awards program, oversight of SAF/AQ manpower and support contractors.
**This position is currently telework eligible due to COVID, with in person meetings happening approximately 2 days per week. When the Pentagon re-opens fully, this position may be 100% onsite.
The Digital Communications Manager will drive digital communications and effective messaging out to 44K+ members of the Acquisition Workforce. The current digital tools provide career management, training, and other relevant information for the Department of the Air Force’s acquisition workforce. The Digital Communications Manager will have the responsibility of managing and facilitating a positive user experience for visitors to the AF portal, SharePoint sites, LinkedIn, and other like sources.
Tasks for this position include:
- Manage the digital communications program for the SAF/AQH Director of Acquisition Career Management.
- Implement the existing Acquisition Career Management brand across platforms (Air Force portal, SharePoint, LinkedIn, etc.) and in alignment with Air Force protocols.
- Manage and update customer-facing content.
- Work with management to ensure ease of access and utilization for all sites
- Facilitate a positive user experience.
- Ensure clear communication with the experts working the various aspects of acquisition career management to ensure valid information representation.
- Ensure standardization and synthesis of information across the tools.
- Ensure managers provide the information needed to keep the digital presence current and relevant.
- Monitor digital platforms for messaging discrepancies and update as needed.
- Collaborate with cross functional team to maintain content.
- Collaborate with team to develop improvements in site functionality and resulting user satisfaction.
- Regularly review platforms for redundant, obsolete, or outdated content and advise management accordingly.
Active Secret Clearance
Master’s degree in Project Management, Communications, Digital Communications, or related field.
10 years of relevant experience, to include using digital platforms (SharePoint, LinkedIn, and Microsoft Teams).
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with OBXtek’s vaccination policy. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer vaccination requirements which may include any or all the following: social distancing, masks, mandatory statements regarding one’s vaccination status and mandatory testing.
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia and founded in 2009, OBXtek is a fast-growing leader in the government contracting field. Our mission is Our People…Our Reputation. Our people are trained professionals who enhance our customers’ knowledge and innovation using technology, collaboration, and education.
We offer a robust suite of benefits including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, Flexible Spending Accounts, matching 401K, paid time off, tuition reimbursement plans and much more.
As a prime contractor for 93% of our current work, OBXtek pairs lessons learned across disciplines with industry standard quality practices such as CMMI-Dev Level III, ITIL, 6Sigma, PMI, and ISO. Our rapid growth has been recognized by INC500, the Washington Business Journal, and Washington Technology magazine.
OBXtek is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender identity, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.