The Partnership for Public Service is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization dedicated to building a better government and a stronger democracy. We believe that our future and our democracy depend on our ability to solve big problems—and that we need an effective federal government to do so. For more than 20 years, we have helped make this vision a reality, helping our government—the public institution most fundamental to our democracy—address current and future challenges.
Our staff is diverse in experience and perspective, but at our core, we share a lot of the same traits: we are mission-driven, creative, collaborative, optimistic and inclusive.
Our work is strategic, fast-paced and guided by our values:
- Passion for public service and our work toward a more effective government
- People who promote a culture of learning, leadership, collaboration, inclusion and respect
- Persistence to drive change, take strategic risks and deliver results
- Promise to be trustworthy, nonpartisan and fiscally responsible
We hire smart and friendly people who are great at what they do and good to one another in the process.
The Partnership for Public Service is seeking a creative and savvy Associate Digital Design Manager to support our Communications team and more broadly, the Partnership’s mission and programs. This position will work closely with the communications team to produce marketing and research products that engage the Partnership’s key stakeholders and build brand awareness.
The Associate Digital Design Manger will also manage key areas of the team, including the visual identity and design of our social media, video content, digital marketing materials, and event assets. A well-qualified candidate will have demonstrated creative project management experience, the ability to delegate and provide feedback, outstanding interpersonal skills for working with a variety of stakeholders, and a strong understanding of content and design strategy.
The Associate Digital Design Manager will work as part of an interdisciplinary team of marketing, graphic design, social media, editorial, media, and events staff, and as a result should be able to collaborate with others and contribute ideas. This person will also work closely with other Partnership teams and must be able to manage relationships and lead assigned projects from start to finish.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
Works with direction from the communications team to brainstorm, develop and execute digital strategies and campaigns.
- Leads the creation of Partnership video content, from conception to filming, and oversees editing with an outside contractor.
- Develops and designs digital and print research materials with project management from the UX Design Manager.
- Leads the creation and design of marketing collateral, event materials, signage and research publications.
- Works with the Digital Associate on designing, filming and editing video collateral.
- Oversees the strategy, production and deployment of all digital assets for social media, email, marketing and other promotions as-needed. Delegates and provides feedback about these items to Digital Associate.
- Monitors campaign results and pulls analytics across our digital channels to understand the effectiveness of strategies and tactics for improving marketing campaigns.
- Performs and delegates routine website maintenance and implements content changes.
- Leads the design team’s focus on infusing DEI principles into all web, print and digital collateral.
- Supports the communications team and broader Partnership colleagues as needed, including event support, project planning, monitoring and tracking current events that connect with our work, program delivery, and through miscellaneous marketing projects.
- Assist with documentation, and internal process management for the communications team as needed.
- Strong understanding of graphic design and video principles.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to juggle multiple projects, work efficiently and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a proven track record collaborating on projects in a team environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with the ability to stay within the Partnership’s voice.
- Strong eye for detail and concern for quality.
- Filming, production and editing skills for audio/video-related content.
- Deep understanding of digital content strategy and related marketing techniques.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and to organize multiple and varied projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated political savviness and judgment.
- Flexibility, a can-do attitude and willingness to pitch in.
- Commitment to the values of public service, diversity, equity and inclusion, and the mission of the Partnership for Public Service.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS in design, fine arts, video production or similar field or equivalent combination of experience and education in professional work or military experience.
- Two to four years of experience in a professional creative setting.
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro and After Effects, and familiarity with XD or similar prototyping applications such as Figma or Sketch).
- Experience providing creative direction and support for digital assets and video creation.
- Strong understanding of social media platforms.
- Technical capacity to support web content management on a variety of platforms. Working knowledge of HTML and CSS preferred.
- WordPress content management system experience and UX design skills a plus.
- Experience with HubSpot is a plus.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY/REPORTING STRUCTURE
This position will report to the UX Design Manager and supervises interns.
This job operates in a hybrid (remote + office) environment in Washington, DC. This position requires consistent use of office equipment such as computer, telephone, printer and scanner.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position with regular work hours Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Occasional evening or weekend activities may be required. Please note that Partnership allows flexibility in work schedules.
If travel occurs, it is usually during the business day. Very little out of the area and/or overnight travel will be required.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The starting salary range for this position is $52,000 – $65,000. The Partnership offers a compensation package that includes a competitive salary; medical, dental and vision coverage; life insurance; long- and short-term disability insurance; a 401(k) program with a 4 percent employer match; opportunities for training and development; 15 days of annual leave per year, 10 days of sick leave per year, plus all federal holidays and the day after Thanksgiving off; and use of an on-site exercise facility.
The Partnership is an inclusive organization that fosters learning, collaboration and respect. We actively recruit for diversity in our workplace, believing that a range of backgrounds, perspectives and experiences contributes to our mission of revitalizing government. The Partnership for Public Service is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any application for
employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability; or on any other basis prohibited by law.
All Partnership employees, regardless of position or physical location, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, as a condition of employment. For new employees, a simple unnotarized copy of the official vaccination card or a notarized COVID-19 Vaccination Form attesting to full vaccination must be provided to human resources within two weeks after the start date.
If you believe you qualify for an exception from the requirements of this policy, for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs, you must provide a letter (on letterhead) from your doctor or clergy to the Vice President of Human Resources. The Partnership will explore potential reasonable accommodations for you that would not cause undue hardship to the Partnership. However, such reasonable accommodations are not required and cannot be guaranteed.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.