POLITICO’s mission from the very beginning was to win the audience. We dedicate ourselves to providing accurate, non-partisan, impactful information to the right people at the right time so that they can act with confidence and speed. We experiment to avoid being disrupted and we have fun disrupting others. And we are not afraid to risk failure if it means being the best at what we do.
We are seeking a political news junkie who has proven experience working in broadcast media or media relations to work closely with the newsroom to identify and coordinate opportunities to promote POLITICO’s reporting on the airwaves. The ideal candidate will have solid news judgment and know how to effectively pitch our reporters and journalism to continue building POLITICO’s robust booking operation of more than 500 TV and radio appearances a month. They’ll have a great understanding of and appreciation for broadcast television and know the news cycle inside and out.
What You’ll Do:
- Establish and leverage relationships with booking producers at broadcast/cable news networks, prominent podcasts and relevant radio programs
- Keep a pulse on the news cycle, media trends and workings of broadcast/cable news networks to best align POLITICO’s reporters and journalism
- Identify and foster new media talent within the newsroom
Contribute content to POLITICO’s Press page and social media accounts to maximize exposure of TV and radio hits
What You’ll Need:
- 1+ years of work experience or strong internship experience in marketing, media or public relations
- Strong interest in politics and an understanding of the broadcast news cycle
- Strong team player with exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Exceptional ability to multitask, time management, attention to detail along with the ability to thrive in a fast paced and demanding newsroom under pressure
- We are driven by our values. We are relentless contributors, disruptors of the status quo, collaborators, talent cultivators and DEI stewards. Our culture is defined by grit, total integrity and a prioritization on innovation.
We value our people. We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including health and wellness benefits, commuter and cell phone reimbursements, retirement plans, as well as work-life balance flexibility and opportunities for career development. Click here for more on what we offer and what it’s like to work for POLITICO.
Let’s keep in touch. Follow us on Instagram and Twitter at @politicocareers and #meetPOLITICO for a deep dive into what makes us POLITICOs and our adventures. We’d love to hear from you!
Want to join POLITICO but don’t see a job suited to you? Sign up to be a part of our Talent Network to be alerted of future opportunities.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.