Website Seafood Nutrition Partnership
Seafood Nutrition Partnership (SNP) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit working at the intersection of public health, planetary health and economic health. The mission of SNP is to inspire a healthier America through outreach and partnerships that raise awareness about the essential nutritional benefits of eating seafood. At the same time, SNP is building awareness of the importance of ensuring a sustainable supply of fish and shellfish for future food security and a livelihood for the almost 2 million Americans whose jobs depend on seafood.
The science is strong: Seafood can improve your life expectancy, make you smarter, support your immune health, and overall wellness. Live longer, healthier and happier with seafood. SNP is addressing the country’s public health crisis through education
programs that inspire Americans to incorporate more seafood and omega-3s into their diets for improved health as per leading health organizations. Less than 20% of Americans follow the US Dietary Guidelines recommendation to eat seafood at least twice a week for optimum health.
Communications Manager Position Summary
SNP is seeking a creative and enterprising Communications Manager to join our team. This role is responsible for advancing the mission of SNP by creating compelling content and engaging diverse audiences. This role reports to the Director of Communications and has responsibility to manage and execute the communications outreach strategies for the organization through collaboration with the Director of Communications, partners and committees. This role will manage the communications and social channels utilized by SNP, media outreach, support donor and partner relations, and measure communications reach and impact.
● Support the organization’s mission through the development of a content creation strategy that identifies powerful messages to engage and inspire across all channels.
● Manage and grow SNP’s presence, including social media channels, creative multimedia content, the website, partner toolkits, earned media and more. Craft compelling and strategic social posts, articles, story pitches/press releases and graphics that resonate with our target audiences.
● Collaborate with key stakeholders to amplify SNP’s messages, including the media, the Ambassador team, SNP advocates and donors, as well as communications and marketing representatives from partner organizations.
● Support the creation of marketing and promotion campaigns, including the creation of campaign creative, digital advertising, and audience engagement.
● Analyze the effectiveness of communication efforts through active monitoring of channels and compiling and reporting of metrics.
● All SNP team members work to ensure that systems, organizational culture, and practices are aligned with SNP’s mission and values. We work collaboratively and support one another to advance the organizational priorities and ensure an inclusive working environment.
● Skilled in digital engagement strategies with a minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience in the fields of communications, public relations and/or marketing.
● Strong visual and editorial sense that integrates seamlessly into the SNP brand.
o Experienced in content management systems (WordPress), social media channels and management tools (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google AdWords, SproutSocial), design platforms (Adobe Creative Suite, Canva), and CRM/collaborative technologies (Google, Salesforce, Basecamp, Dropbox).
● Have experience in planning, leading and managing integrated communications programs.
● Moderate competency of graphic design and able to edit photos and videos preferred.
● Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with experience prioritizing multiple assignments and meeting tight deadlines.
● Proactive problem solver and a self-starter with ability to work individually and on a team.
● Experience working in a virtual team environment.
● A passion for nutrition, health and wellness and/or previous work in nutrition or food communications is a plus.
● Must successfully complete a background check.
● Some out of town travel required for programs and events.
● Lifting: 10-25 lbs.
● Carrying: Meeting supplies and equipment.
● Standing: Required while working events.
● Walking: Some walking required while working events.
Salary – Commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume with salary requirements to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only qualified candidates will receive a response due to limited resources. Thank you for your interest in Seafood Nutrition Partnership.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org