United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
Under the supervision of the Director of Public Affairs, in collaboration with other offices of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, the Social Media Specialist is a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church who assists in executing a social media strategy for the USCCB that encourages pro-active engagement and revenue-generating across social media channels. The Social Media Specialist provides the Director of Public Affairs ongoing support, advice, consultation, and resources regarding social media strategies for bishops and USCCB offices and programs, Contributes to the Bishops’ strategic plan for the Conference.
Demonstrates willingness and ability to understand, respect, and contribute to the USCCB mission and fulfill job duties following its Catholic identity. Supports the general functions of the Public Affairs Department
- The advanced online user is familiar with communication strategies for digital media optimization.
- Experience using digital media in an organizational environment. Strong speaking, writing, and editing skills, including demonstrated experience producing clear and concise materials.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and show prudence in handling sensitive information.
- Ability to follow established policies and procedures. Experience working collaboratively with peers, colleagues, and others to achieve mission goals and objectives.
- Being able to read and write in Spanish is a plus.
Availability on weekends and evenings for posting press releases as needed online
Positive working environment with substantial benefits (education assistance, some telework, 403(b) w/matching, free parking, etc.).
Number of Years Required: 2-3 years of communications experience
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org