Being a member of WWPR can open you up to a new world of possibilities and connections, but in this virtual environment, it’s more important than ever to make sure you’re tapping into everything WWPR has to offer. Here are a few things you can do today to make the most out of your WWPR membership:
- Update your member profile – You can update your profile and photo using your log-in information. The member directory is a tremendous resource for making connections. You can also check out the member spotlight blog series to get to know members (and maybe you’ll even be our next spotlight)!
- Join a committee – This is a great way to get more involved with WWPR and gain new skills. We have committees dedicated to special events, membership engagement, digital content, and our pro bono client. Committees have different levels of commitment per month and are truly the lifeblood of this organization.
- Attend upcoming events and access past virtual events – Upcoming events are posted here, and most are free to members. You can also access the recordings of past events which have covered everything from personal branding and resume readiness tips to crisis communications and storytelling from a host of fantastic communications experts.
- Be a speaker or moderator for upcoming events – Speaking of events, we’re always looking to tap into our members for WWPR’s professional development (PD) programming. If you have expertise, new ideas, and “how I did it” case studies to share, get in touch with our PD team (email@example.com) about possible speaking opportunities.
- Post in our Google Group – Once you become a member, you receive an invite to our members-only Google Group. The group is a forum for members to post jobs, seek recommendations for vendors, promote events, and share PR and communications best practices. It’s another great resource and way to stay connected.
A note for non-members – consider joining!
An annual WWPR membership gives you access to free professional development events (at least one event per month), a network of 200+ women communicators in the D.C. area, and members-only career development resources. WWPR offers many of the benefits of a large comms. association, with a small-town feel and opportunities to build personal connections. And as a perk, if you have attended other WWPR events in the past year, we subtract the non-member fee from your membership dues so you can’t lose!
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org today for more information.