WASHINGTON, D.C. — July 8, 2013 — Washington Women in Public Relations (WWPR), the leading professional society for women communicators in the greater capital area, announced six finalists for the fourth annual Emerging Leaders Awards (ELA). The ELA is a signature WWPR accolade that honors young women (ages 23-30) in the communications field who have made a significant impact on the industry. The award highlights not only their contributions thus far, but their potential to contribute to the industry for many years to come.
The 2013 WWPR Emerging Leaders Awards finalists are:
- Kristine Austria, Account Executive, Ketchum
- Liz Bartolomeo, Media Director, Sunlight Foundation
- Nell Callahan, Senior Vice President, SKDKnickerbocker
- Rachael Glaws, Principal and Founder, RGI events & public relations
- Jackie Titus, Vice President, Powell Tate
- Lauren Wesley Wilson, Communications Strategist and Account Supervisor, MSL Group
“WWPR’s mission is to advance women in the field of public relations and today we are pleased to recognize these six extraordinary women who are making tremendous strides in their careers,” said Tina McCormack Beaty, WWPR Co-President. “With a record number of nominations submitted again this year, the Emerging Leaders Awards has become the hallmark of accomplished young PR leaders in the D.C. communications industry.”
From the six finalists, three Emerging Leaders Awards honorees will be named at the reception on Thursday, July 18 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at The National Press Club.
Attendees will be treated to a keynote address from Kori Bernards, Senior Vice President of Communications at Universal Pictures. Bernards serves as Universal’s top spokesperson and oversees all internal and external communications for the motion picture group at the distinguished film studio. Prior to moving to Los Angeles, Bernards spent more than a decade in Washington, D.C., as a top communications, policy and political strategist.
A panel of judges comprised of five top leaders in the communications field selected the finalists based on their record of excellence and achievements in their careers thus far, as well as their leadership qualities.
WWPR thanks the 2013 ELA judges:
- Ellie Collinson, Deputy Chief Operating Officer, The Raben Group
- Lauren Lawson-Zilai, Director of Public Relations and National Spokesperson, Goodwill Industries International, and a WWPR Past President
- Gwen McKinney, President and Founder, McKinney & Associates Public Relations
- Gabe Roth, Vice President, SKDKnickerbocker
- Sue Zoldak, Senior Vice President, Adfero Group
About Washington Women in Public Relations
Washington Women in Public Relations (WWPR) is the first and only D.C. based professional organization advancing women in the communications industry. WWPR is committed to delivering outstanding professional development, networking, marketplace positioning, and leadership opportunities to area communicators. Visit us at wwpr.org, find us on Facebook.com/WashingtonWomeninPR and follow us on Twitter @WWPR