Every year WWPR honors extraordinary young women, ages 23-30, in the Washington, D.C. area with an awards ceremony and cocktail reception. The Emerging Leaders Awards is a special accolade for young women active within the communications field who have made a significant impact on the industry. The award highlights not only their contributions thus far, but their potential to contribute to the industry for many years to come, making them truly emerging leaders.
The fifth annual Emerging Leaders Awards will be on July 22, 2014 at Zentan Restaurant.
Register today and start to discover who the next Emerging Leaders may be!
Be sure you join the 2014 finalists and honorees at the After Party thanks to our friends at Strauss Media Strategies. Attendees can expect to be treated to a drink and a magic show by Max Major. The After Party is two blocks away at Josephine’s (1008 Vermont Ave., NW).
Nominations for the 2014 Emerging Leaders Awards are now closed.
The 2014 WWPR Emerging Leaders Awards Finalists are:
- Laura Cilmi, Managing Director, CLS Strategies (@lcilmi)
- Alexandra Dickinson, Account Director, Beekeeper Group, LLC (@alexmae)
- Christina DiPasquale, Associate Vice President, FitzGibbon Media (@cdipas)
- Danielle Hagen, Vice President, Nahigian Strategies (@Danielle_Hagen)
- Sara Neumann, Senior Director, C.Fox Communications (@sarajneumann)
- Marcia Newbert, Account Supervisor, Edelman (@mnewbert)
- Nominees must be female professionals in the Washington, DC, metropolitan between the ages of 23-30 as of June 1, 2014.
- Nominees must work in one of the following disciplines: Media Relations, Crisis Communications, Event Planning, Social Media, Website Communications, Strategic Communications, Community Relations, Internal Communications, Speechwriting, Public Affairs, Marketing Communications, Government Communications, Investor Relations Communications, Consumer/Lifestyle Communications, Branding and Writing/Editing.
- Nominees must have demonstrated leadership experience and contributions to their field post-college.
Nominees who do not meet the requirements, as defined above, will be disqualified.
All questions can be sent to ELA Co-Chairs, Andrea Huggins or Kim Brown, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WWPR congratulates all the Emerging Leaders Awards honorees from 2010 – 2013
- Nell Callahan, SKDKnickerbocker, @NellinDC
- Rachael Glaws, RGI events & public relations, @RGIevents
- Lauren Wesley Wilson, MSL Group, @ColorCommntwk
- Olivia Doherty, The Hatcher Group
- Laura Hornbuckle, Edelman Public Relations
- Jennifer Myers, StrategyOne
- Jennifer Mastin Giglio, Ogilvy Washington
- Judy Lubin, Public Square Communications
- Tara Silver, SilverStrategy
- Stefanie Pidgeon, U.S. Army
- Lauren Musiol, GYMR
- Carrie Fox, C. Fox Communications
WWPR would like to thank our 2014 ELA sponsors!