Every year Washington Women in Public Relations (WWPR) honors extraordinary young women, ages 23-30, in the Washington, D.C. area with an awards ceremony and cocktail reception. The Emerging Leaders Awards is a special accolade for young women active within the communications field who have made a significant impact on the industry. The award highlights not only their contributions thus far, but their potential to contribute to the industry for many years to come, making them truly emerging leaders.
The 2015 WWPR Emerging Leaders Awards finalists include:
• Cecily Naron, Hager Sharp
The sixth annual Emerging Leaders Awards will be on Tuesday, June 16 at 6:30 p.m. at Ketchum’s office, 1615 L Street NW, Washington DC. Early Bird registration is now open. Get your ticket today to join this year’s keynote speaker, Pearson Vice President of Media and Communities Laura Howe!
Nominations for the 2015 Emerging Leaders Awards are now closed. Thank you to everyone who submitted a nomination! We ask that all finalists attend the event. Non-attendance will make an individual ineligible to become an honoree.
Find out more about the nominee qualifications below, and think of who you may be interested in nominating in 2016!
- Nominees must be female professionals in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area between the ages of 23-30 as of June 1, 2015.
- Nominees must work in one of the following disciplines: media relations, crisis communications, event planning, social media, website communications, strategic communications, community relations, internal communications, speech writing, public affairs, marketing communications, government communications, investor relations communications, consumer/lifestyle communications, branding and writing/editing.
- Nominees must have demonstrated leadership experience and contributions to their field post-college.
Nominees who do not meet the requirements, as defined above, will be disqualified.
Questions can be emailed to email@example.com.
WWPR congratulates all the Emerging Leaders Awards honorees from 2010 – 2014
- Alexandra Dickinson, Beekeeper Group, LLC, @alexmae
- Danielle Hagen, Vice President, Nahigian Strategies, @Danielle_Hagen
- Sara Neumann, C.Fox Communications, @sarajneumann
- Nell Callahan, SKDKnickerbocker, @NellinDC
- Rachael Glaws, RGI events & public relations, @RGIevents
- Lauren Wesley Wilson, MSL Group, @ColorCommntwk
- Olivia Doherty, The Hatcher Group
- Laura Hornbuckle, Edelman Public Relations
- Jennifer Myers, StrategyOne
- Jennifer Mastin Giglio, Ogilvy Washington
- Judy Lubin, Public Square Communications
- Tara Silver, SilverStrategy
- Stefanie Pidgeon, U.S. Army
- Lauren Musiol, GYMR
- Carrie Fox, C. Fox Communications