Interested in helping homeless children whose families are living in crisis shelters or transitional housing? Join WWPR as we run The Bright Beginnings 5k!
In support of our 2015 Pro Bono client, Bright Beginnings, WWPR members will gather as a team to participate in this signature event. The organization serves approximately 186 children annually whose families are living in crisis shelters or transitional housing. Bright Beginnings carries out their mission through educational, therapeutic, health, family support services, and other programs to help stabilize homeless children and their families.
The best part of this event is that ALL proceeds from the 5K will directly support Bright Beginnings’ programs and services.
When: Saturday, March 7th at 8:00AM
Where: West Potomac Park in DC
Registration Cost: $27.69 per participant ($25 to register and $2.69 for administrative costs)
Registration Instructions for Joining team “WWPR” at the BBI5K:
- Click Here for General Registration Page for Bright Beginnings 5K event
- Click “Continue as Guest” to get started
- Select “5K TEAM – Create or join Existing.” It’s the 4th one down on list.
- Enter your personal information and details
- Read and agree to waiver
- On this page, it is important that you enter “WWPR” in the field when prompted “join existing group”
- Continue with your information and check out with a CC number. You will be asked to submit your t-shirt size, etc.
For more information concerning parking, course, packet pick-up, etc., check out the event info page located in the drop down of the navigation bar titled “Event Info.”
Once registered, you will receive a confirmation notice via email – keep this for your records! The confirmation email also contains other useful information you will need. If you have questions or need assistance, contact Alev Sezer-Jacobs, WWPR Pro Bono Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also don’t forget to join the conversation on Twitter using #BBI5K!