- President — Christina Francisco (ASHP, Director, Digital Marketing and Strategy)
- Vice President — Jacqueline Wilson (Stratacomm, Vice President)
- Past President — Sarah Beth Cloar (Under Armour, Senior Director, Global Brand Communications)
- Secretary — Julie Malveaux (Communications Consultant)
- Treasurer — Susan Matthews Apgood (News Generation, Inc, Executive Vice President, Client Engagement & Founder of News Generation, Inc.)
- Content Marketing Co-Chair — Melinda Tolliver (North Alliance for Public Charter Schools, Senior Manager, Digital Strategy)
- Content Marketing Co-Chair — Lillie Zeng (USDA, Public Affairs Specialist)
- Creative Direction/Design Chair — Amber Lopez (ILMA, Director of Marketing)
- Digital Marketing Chair — Florence Sumaray (Ethics & Compliance Initiative (ECI), Vice President, Marketing and Communications)
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Chair — K. Kim Atterbury (Recording Industry Association of America® (RIAA), Senior Vice President, Media Relations)
- Emerging Leaders Awards Co-Chair — Jennifer Dunn (News Direct Corp., Vice President, Regional Sales)
- Emerging Leaders Awards Co-Chair — Erika Dyer (Congressman Rob Wittman (VA-01) at United States House of Representatives, Communications Director)
- Membership Co-Chair — Ianthe Metzger (The Collective PAC, Communications Director)
- Membership Co-Chair — Stephanie Miceli (The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine, Media Relations Officer)
- Pro Bono Co-Chair — Elynsey Price (Marriott International, Manager, Media Relations)
- Pro Bono Co-Chair — Zorie Valchev (Novartis, PAC Manager)
- Professional Development Co-Chair — Stephanie Wight (JPA Health, Account Supervisor)
- Professional Development Co-Chair — Emily O’Brien (Delta Dental Plans Association, Director Of Strategic Communications)
- Social Media Chair — Chelsea Echavarria (ICF Next, Health Communications Manager)
- Sponsorship/Partnership Chair — Avelyn Austin (REQ, Executive Vice President, Strategy & Development)
- Woman of the Year Co-Chair — Hillarie Turner (Van Eperen, Vice President)
- Woman of the Year Co-Chair — Colleen Gallagher (Curley Company, Vice President)
New in 2021, WWPR added two important roles to its Board of Directors — Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Chair and Creative Direction/Design Chair.
Cultivating and inspiring female communicators to reach their full potential in the DC market and beyond remains WWPR’s top priority. The organization has been a part of the DMV area communications community for more than four decades and is committed to providing leadership opportunities, professional development, mentorship, and industry networking. The 2021 Board of Directors will help to accomplish these priorities by leading the charge throughout all of its planning, programming and activities.
“In 2020, WWPR swiftly pivoted to bringing our membership together virtually to continue serving as a resource to our community,” said Christina Francisco, 2021 WWPR President. “I am honored to work closely with the new Board of Directors to come up with innovative ways to engage and support our members virtually in 2021. Each board member brings a diverse perspective, unique skill set and authentic commitment to WWPR and our membership, which makes me excited for what’s to come as we embark on 2021.”
The WWPR Annual Meeting also featured a keynote address by Jennifer Curley, WWPR’s 2020 Woman of the Year and President and CEO of Curley Company. Jennifer Curley joined Christina Francisco immediately following the meeting to answer a few questions, see the highlights of their conversation in this short video segment.
Throughout 2021, WWPR will continue to host virtual professional development and networking events for female communicators at every stage of their careers, including two signature events: the Emerging Leader Awards and the Woman of the Year Awards.
Learn more about WWPR at www.wwpr.org.
ABOUT WASHINGTON WOMEN IN PUBLIC RELATIONS
Washington Women in Public Relations (WWPR) is a member-based professional society cultivating and inspiring female communicators to reach their full potential in the DC market and beyond. The organization is committed to providing leadership opportunities, professional development, mentorship, and industry networking. Visit us at wwpr.org, connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook, and follow us on Twitter @WWPR and on Instagram @WWPRDC.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org