Washington PR Woman of the Year Awards
Honoring Outstanding Leaders in PR
Over the past three decades, WWPR has provided a forum to come together and honor nearly 100 female leaders in the Washington, D.C. area through our annual PR Woman of the Year award. For the past 31 years now, this award has existed to recognize the trailblazers who raised the bar in our field and paved the way for the future of the profession. We look forward to honoring dynamic and strong leaders once again who have shown up in major ways amidst the unprecedented circumstances of the past two years.
The event to honor this long-standing tradition and signature award will be held virtually on November 18.
Nominations for the 2021 awards are now open. Eligibility requirements and nomination instructions are detailed below.
Registration for the virtual event will open soon! We hope that you will join us virtually as we celebrate the honorees and achievements of those who continue to lend their voice and expertise to our industry.
If you have any questions, please email Hillarie Turner and Colleen Gallagher, WWPR board members and Woman of the Year Co-chairs, at email@example.com.
- The nominee must be a female professional with a minimum of 20 years of experience in the public relations field, at least five of which have been in the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area (she must also currently reside in this area).
- The nominee does not have to be a member of WWPR.
- Nominations from previous years who were not named Woman of the Year are encouraged.
- Nominations must include (1) PDF resume (up to two pages) and (1) PDF recommendation (up to two pages) to be considered.
Please submit nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, October 8 at 11:59 PM ET.
- Nominee’s demonstrated abilities should include, but are not limited to, creativity, management skills and contributions to the growth of her organization, unique or prestigious job held, and major accomplishments.
- Nominee exemplifies true characteristics of a leader in PR — a visionary, standout representative of her company or organization, has the perseverance to face any challenge and can strategically link a program to lasting results.
- Nominee makes it a priority to devote her time to community causes and activities.
- Nominee’s community contributions may include, but are not limited to, board positions, volunteer work, activities that promote professional advancement of women.
- Nominee is actively involved in leading industry membership associations and has greatly contributed to those associations through board leadership or mentoring.
- Nominee has received acknowledgement or previous awards for her contributions to the public relations industry or other related work.
More about WWPR Woman of the Year Awards:
“It gives me great pleasure to announce another bright light of 2020, Washington Women in PR’s Woman of the Year 2020, Jennifer Curley, CEO and Founder of the Curley Company,” Maura Corbett, Founder and CEO of the Glen Echo Group (2019 WOY) .
Accepting her award, Jennifer said, “I’ve worked with over 70 employees and interns over the course of the Curley Company and the last 18 years – 90% of which have been women. These are the faces I see that inspire me and push me to be the best leader that I can be.”
Washington Women in Public Relations (WWPR) announced three finalists for its 2020 Woman of the Year Award who were recognized for reaching the pinnacle of their career and contributed tremendously to the industry, their community, and served as mentors in the field:
- Jennifer Curley, President and CEO, Curley Company
- Zain Habboo, Chief Marketing & Mobilization Officer, International Rescue Committee
- Sandra Wills Hannon, Ph.D, APR, Founder, the Hannon Group
SAVE THE DATE: November 18 FOR WOMEN OF THE YEAR AWARD CEREMONY
Established in 1990, Woman of the Year is one of WWPR’s signature events, and a must-attend networking luncheon and ceremony for Washington’s PR community honoring the achievements of those who have reached a pinnacle in the profession.
The event to honor this long-standing tradition and signature award will be held virtually on November 18. Registration for the virtual event will open soon! We hope that you will join us virtually as we celebrate the honorees and achievements of those who continue to lend their voice and expertise to our industry.