Website UL Standards and Engagement
Nonprofit organization dedicated to safety standards & science
We have an exciting opportunity for a Digital Content Manager at UL Standards & Engagement based in our Washington, DC office. The Digital Content Manager will lead efforts and develop strategic external digital communication plans including proactive media relations, social media activation and broader communications efforts that enhance reputation and help influence impact of UL Standards & Engagement (ULSE). The Manager of Digital Content collaborates with all levels of the organization, including senior executives, internal and external stakeholders on development and implementation of communication strategies. Maintains communication guidelines, processes, resources, and governance frameworks to ensure delivery of high-quality, aligned, brand compliant communication.
At UL Standards & Engagement (ULSE) we wake up every day with a common purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society, and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity, collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
What you’ll learn & achieve:
As the Digital Strategy Manager, you will play a key role in the rapid growth of UL as you:
- Lead, develop, and implement digital communications strategy across web, social, and email channels, ensuring messaging continuity across channels.
- Serve as project manager for the transformation of the ULSE website (and/or development of external facing website), acts as point person for digital agency, updates internal team members, and ensures projects are on time and on schedule.
- Lead digital media and social analytics platform, gather data to assist in building custom reports that build intelligence about the company’s audience and guide an understanding of where we are effective and where improvements need to be made.
- Lead digital promotion efforts, including paid campaigns, community growth, influencer collaboration, and partner amplification efforts.
- Lead the implementation of communication plans and strategies on digital platforms that align with and activate on the ULSE communications strategy to build and ULSE presence and reputation.
- Assist with enterprise plan and business unit/division/regional level plans; ensures cross functional collaboration.
- Lead execution of communication plans and strategy that align with and activate on the UL brand strategy to build and protect UL’s market presence and reputation.
- Contribute to and/or lead other department specific or cross-functional initiatives.
What makes you a great fit:
While no one candidate will embody every quality, the successful candidate will bring many of the following professional competencies and personal attributes:
- Excellent and disciplined communicator, with demonstrated ability to translate technical information into meaningful content for audiences in educational spaces, digital platforms, and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and facilitate across a variety of digital marketing and communications disciplines, including paid media campaigns.
- Strong ability to understand and interpret data from digital platforms to improve communications outcomes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to write clearly, effectively, and persuasively for internal and external audiences.
- Proactive problem-solving skills to leverage effective solutions by application of concepts, knowledge, resources, or processes.
- Highly motivated and dynamic self-starter; ability to learn at an accelerated pace.
- Excellent project management skills. Ability to evaluate competing and changing priorities, resources, and time demands to manage and own projects that are realistic and achievable.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of audiences.
- Ability to identify and analyze business and audience needs to deliver messages via the most appropriate mix of media and channels.
- Working knowledge of video production and ability to navigate new media/social media.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment within a rapidly growing organization.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office software.
Professional education and experience requirements for the role include:
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, public relations, marketing, or related field.
- Minimum 8 years of related professional experience in communications and marketing.
- Experience in developing integrated campaigns
What you’ll experience working at UL:
Mission: For UL, corporate and social responsibility isn’t new. Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has been our business model for the last 128 years and is deeply ingrained in everything we do.
People: Ask any UL employee what they love most about working here, and you’ll almost always hear, “the people.” Going beyond what is possible is the standard at UL. We’re able to deliver the best because we employ the best.
Interesting work: Every day is different for us here as we eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers’ create. We’re inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles, you will get international experience working with colleagues around the world.
Grow & achieve: We learn, work and grow together with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very own UL University that offers extensive training programs for employees at all stages, including a technical training track for applicable roles.
Total Rewards: All employees at UL Research Institutes and UL Standards & Engagement are eligible for bonus compensation. We offer comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans. a generous 401k matching structure of up to 5% of eligible pay. Additionally, we invest an additional 4% into your retirement saving fund after your first year of continuous employment. Depending on your role, you can work with your manager on flexible working arrangements. We also provide employees with paid time off including vacation, holiday, sick and volunteer time off.
To apply for this job please visit usenglish-ul.icims.com.