We know your inboxes have been flooded with constant coronavirus updates, from handwashing memes to event cancelations and everything in between. We’re hoping to offer you some ideas to boost your productivity and get your mind off the virus for a few minutes, while you’re potentially stuck inside.
Whether you are working from home and have some extra downtime during your would-be commute, or your workload is dwindling due to meeting cancelations, why not check out some free resources to increase your PR knowledge, freshen up your digital skills and tackle your negotiation fears?
Take this opportunity to continue to work on YOU, and check out these free resources:
- Google Ads Certifications: Showcase your mastery of Google Ads by getting certified in Search, Display, Video, Shopping ads, and Measurement
- Google Analytics Academy: Analytics academy helps you learn about Google’s measurement tools so that you can offer your organization, company, or clients intelligent data collection and analysis. Courses include beginner, advanced, power users, and analytics 360.
- Salary Negotiation Workshop: In this free online workshop from the American Association of University Women (AAUW), learn how to identify and articulate your personal value, develop responses and strategies to use when negotiating, and conduct objective market research to benchmark your target salary and benefits.
- Writing for Brands: Freelancing in the Age of Content Marketing: Knowing how to pitch and write for brands is key to a successful freelance writing career — and it’s never been more important than in today’s digital content-driven world. In this 30-minute Skillshare class, Contently’s Brian Maehl breaks the process down into simple steps, so you can advance your writing career and get paid to create content that you’re proud to show in your portfolio. (Note: This course is free with trial.)
- Intro to Digital Marketing Livestream: Step into the world of digital marketing with General Assembly. During their online introductory workshop, explore the components of brand building and see how modern marketers drive successful campaigns using content, email, social media, paid advertising channels, and more. Livestream events happen on a weekly basis.
This is just a sampling, but please share with us if you’ve taken other free trainings that you’ve found helpful, and think would be useful for your fellow women in PR! Stay tuned for more online resources and remote activities from WWPR.