WASHINGTON, January 9, 2023 – Washington Women in Public Relations (WWPR), a leading resource for female communications professionals in the nation’s capital, today announced its 2023 Board of Directors. In lieu of a vote at the organization’s Annual Meeting, all WWPR members were invited to vote online for the new board in December 2022. The 2023 Board is as follows:
- President: Elynsey Price, Marriott International & Zorie Valchev, Novartis
- Vice President: Chelsea Echavarria, Edelman
- Past President: Jacqueline Wilson, Stratacomm
- Treasurer: Aisha Johnson, U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission
- Secretary: Lauren Tyler, Adfero
- Sponsorship/Partnership Chair: Suzanne Struglinski, Industry Dive
- Content Co-Chair: Agatha Aramayo, Stratacomm
- Content Co-Chair: Andrea Sok, Sok Influencer PR
- Design Chair: Kate Keverline, The Carlyle Group
- Digital Marketing: Florence Sumaray, The Nellis Group
- Diversity & Inclusion Chair: Jewel McFadden, World Bank Group
- Emerging Leaders Awards Co-Chair: Colleen Gallagher, OnWrd & UpWrd
- Emerging Leaders Awards Co-Chair: Charmaine Riley, A—B
- Membership Co-Chair: Ianthe Metzger, Planned Parenthood Federation of America
- Membership Co-Chair: Amanda Cate, American Society of Anesthesiologists
- Pro Bono Co-Chair: Maggie Moore, Partnership for Public Service
- Pro Bono Co-Chair: Anne Thomas, OBXtek
- Professional Development Co-Chair: Stephanie Miceli, National Geographic
- Professional Development Co-Chair: Jackie Gulley, Moody’s Corporation
- Social Media Chair: Alyssa Hackbarth, Liberty Hospitality Group
- Woman of the Year Co-Chair: Jessica Brown, Conservation International
- Woman of the Year Co-Chair: Emma Gresser, EY
WWPR has cultivated and inspired female communicators to reach their full potential in the DC market and beyond for more than four decades. The organization is committed to providing leadership opportunities, professional development, mentorship, and industry networking and the Board of Directors accomplishes this by leading the charge throughout all of its programming.
“The 2023 WWPR Board of Directors is composed of exceptional communicators representing a variety of sectors,” said Zorie Valchev, President and Elynsey Price, President, WWPR. We are excited to see how their expertise, ingenuity, and diverse perspectives will help us shape WWPR’s next chapter. We are confident that this year we’ll continue to grow the organization and its value to our membership and our community at large.”
Throughout the year, WWPR will continue to host its annual professional development and networking events for female communicators at every stage of their careers, including two annual signature events: the Emerging Leaders Awards and the Woman of the Year Awards.
Learn more about WWPR and upcoming events at www.wwpr.org.
ABOUT WASHINGTON WOMEN IN PUBLIC RELATIONS
Washington Women in Public Relations (WWPR) is a member-based professional society cultivating and inspiring female communicators to reach their full potential in the DC market and beyond. The organization is committed to providing leadership opportunities, professional development, mentorship, and industry networking. Visit us at wwpr.org, connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook, and follow us on Twitter @WWPR and on Instagram @WWPRDC.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org